[p2p-research] needed: definition of pervasive gaming

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Thu May 7 04:34:02 CEST 2009

I started working on this 3 years ago:

Life as a game

Work as a game

Relationship as a game

Learning as a game

Politics as a game

Cooperation and cometition as a game
In other words, by viewing every realm as a game we have pervasive
gaming as a way to motivate us through keeping score to achieve higher
performance.

I stopped working on that because I saw the ridiculousness of it. But
it can be extremely successful, just as Facebook is proving that
friendship as a game works. Except they are smart by not using a
numerical scoring system but a subjective one where people get to
judge performance not computers.

Marc

--

Marc Fawzi