[p2p-research] Fwd: trashing transhumanism

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 12:50:28 CEST 2009

Thanks for that Ryan,

Though I agree and symphatize with  many of Dale's political arguments, I
also think that retaining a dialogue with transhumanists is interesting, and
I do believe that today, there are many progressive elements in the
movement, and it is no longer dominated by extremist libertarians as it was
say 10 years ago,

The WTA is now mostly center-left, a pluralist in its diverse political
options.

Guys like Bryan, are both very p2p and very transhumanist, they are our
friends,

But, despite the rhetorical excesses of Dale, I think it is necessary to
read him for a valuable political critique,

You have to remember that his zeal is also the result of himself being a
transhumanist for many years, so he is also critiquing his own former self,
I presume,

Michel