[p2p-research] the abundance of art

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Sun May 3 14:05:11 CEST 2009

yes...... but I'm speaking about exact replication down to the atomic scale
and how such perfect copies of physical art (apparently not digital art as
copies of a digital work are treated equally as the original digital work)
will always embody some kind of uniqueness, originality and an emotional
value.

So ... why? Why do we seek scarcity (uniqueness, rarity) ? It's instilled in
us.

It's not intrinsic to the money. We made the money. And it's not intrinsic
to nature either as natural evolution is taking us to a stateof existence
where everything (physical and digital) can be copied (identically) and
distributed freely.

So ... why?

Why do _WE_ enforce (or seek to have) scarcity?

That is my question.