[p2p-research] Venture Communism or social capitalism

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 00:12:59 CEST 2009

I've been thinking about freecycling lately.  Some of the things you are
saying remind me of freecycling.

Changing property systems isn't going to resolve the tensions of waste or
excess; it is only going to alienate opposing power.  I feel that getting
others to transform an ethos is a slow, challenging and ultimately humbling
process that is necessary to remake societies.

One person at a time, we change by entering into dialogues about
possibilities and futures.  Sometimes it is frustrating.  Sometimes it is a
failure.  In the larger picture, I feel it is the only way.

Ryan Lanham