[p2p-research] Venture Communism or social capitalism

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Sat May 2 23:29:31 CEST 2009

<<

I look forward to some kind of ( immersive, emergent, spatial ? )
post-symbolic language that could enable much greater synthesis.

Dante,

You're onto something big.

Sam Smith (FB identity) has been talking about it forever too.

I know that, ultimately, we are all just one dynamic not separate actors or
"p's"

Therefore, in order for the dynamic to reach its full, healthy, empowering,
enriching potential something more than the combination of 'Internet +
Written Language' is needed as the medium.

So far it's been done by sharing music. You can see my FB profile is mostly
speaking in music, not written articles. I see that in Paola's FB feed too.
Music has been classically used as a unifying dynamism. Music videos add
another layer of abstraction, bring it closer to our consciousness. But you
and Sam Smith are absolutely right in your pursuit of a more universal,
unifying dynamism of some sort that does not split according to taste and
that operates at the border between the intuitive and the conscious.

Yet, both of your efforts are very young, in my view, and ample require time
and contemplation... before we can have a balance between the intuitive and
conscious element of that so-far-elusive powerful, unifying dynamism.

:) hmm

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 12:46 PM, <paola.dimaio at gmail.com> wrote:

>> the question is : does the protection of private property ( and of the
>> accumulation of provate property ? ) increase or decrease the  access to
>> resources, and the capacity to co-create opportunities ?
>>

> from what I see, some does, and some does not
> people should choose freely what they can share or co-own (I also move
> around a lot, and my target ownership level is what my parents and friends
> can store for me)
> I only own approx 30 medium sized crates of stuff, but would like to boil
> everything down to less than ten
>

>> from my own experience again, my whole nomadic lifestyle of the last years
>> was based on the optimization of resource use ( and of my autonomy through
>> increased interdependence ) through a distributed approach : for example -
>> hospitality, hitch hiking,  ...
>>
>> using resources available wherever I ended up, when they where shared.
>>

> thats great, but cannot always work, and not for everbody, but it definitel
> works when done on a voluntary basis
>

>> yes, a lot of questions open regarding governance :-)
>> interesting paths we are opening, or re-opening.
>>

> in fact we dont need a regulatory change to change, to share is free and
> not against the law in any country afaik...
>
> my personal bottom line is /minimise waste/ and thats enough to keep me in
> line for most things .....

>>> --
>>> Paola Di Maio,
>>>

> --