[p2p-research] Venture Communism or social capitalism

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sat May 2 21:24:16 CEST 2009

Paola ( cc: people on the research list : I hope you see this as a thread
and that it does not burden your email account )

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 9:04 PM, <paola.dimaio at gmail.com> wrote:

> we have to be careful

personally, always ready to re-question :-)

> assuming your example, if i dont use my coat in the summer someone could
> take it away from me, or my spare computer while I use my newer one,

thats the kind of life I have lived in the last years, as a (
post-industrial ? ) nomad.

especially as carrying the accumulation of possessions while hitch hiking
"feels heavy" and "feels unsustainable" ( slows me down, makes me tired, and
leads to pain in my back and knees )

I also like to suggest some of the sentences on this site

http://nomadology.com

> thats how potentially good ideas can become dangerous nonsense
> and I am glad that today there is a law to protect my private property

the question is : does the protection of private property ( and of the
accumulation of provate property ? ) increase or decrease the  access to
resources, and the capacity to co-create opportunities ?

from my own experience again, my whole nomadic lifestyle of the last years
was based on the optimization of resource use ( and of my autonomy through
increased interdependence ) through a distributed approach : for example -
hospitality, hitch hiking,  ...

using resources available wherever I ended up, when they where shared.

> although I dont own much, and I think there is faar too much
> accumulation/wast
>
> but what about having a collective coat bank, where all your unused coats
> are left for others to use, and you in turn can go and pick up an odd jacket
> when you need one?

yes, a free shop !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Give-away_shop

> that would presuppose that everyone would expect the same level of care,
> cleanliness, respect for the goods, then yes it could work

> the big thorn is land and real estates, already enforces a right called
> usucapione (transfer of ownership, which derives from usufrutto (use of the
> fruit)... uti dominus perhaps?
>
> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usufrutto
>
> remember feudalism, when labourer would work the land in exchange for a
> bowl of rice at the end of the month?
>
> it would be enough to increase the return of the labourer to a fair
> percentage, or fair share of returns, then the same system could work
>
> I am sure there is a lot of scope for improving the way resources are used,
> and hopefully some way that would make everyone happy

yes, a lot of questions open regarding governance :-)
interesting paths we are opening, or re-opening.