[p2p-research] Fwd: Invitation to discuss

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri May 1 06:30:23 CEST 2009

for our more art-related friends, if you want exposure for your projects,

From: Yvette Dubel <ydubel at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:52 PM
Subject: Invitation to discuss
To: whatisculturalfusion at gmail.com

You are getting this invitation because you have been an exceptionally
enjoyable on the show prior or you expressed an interest in what the show
was doing.

I invite you to consider joining us via phone for this discussion panel as
part of the radio show Cultural Fusion Experience which is part of an
Art:Work <http://comfusion.pbworks.com/Art:Work> series.

For this component the idea is that you would talk about your area of
expertise.
Here is the information about the show - Let me know if you are still
interested and I will send you time/dates for consideration. Telephone call
information will also be provided (international callers can use VOIP).

________________________
Before undertaking an enterprise or project it is common to start by
surveying the context to define needs. In community development this is
called a needs assessment This is an important step towards formulating a
strategy.

The web and globalization are redefining community, leading to new
innovations in economic models and therefore it will have an increasing
impact on regional economic development. Whether we find new ways of doing
these assessments or simply find new ways to supplement what is - it seems
important to consider these issues in the context of the open systems
facilitated by the internet as well as the push towards transparency that
will shape the success of globalization.

Panelists will address five or six questions to illuminate the needs within
their industry and then each will have the chance to express their ideas
about the way forward.

   1. Have you defined the top three needs that you believe will determine
   your success?
   2. How do these needs compare with those you see as dominate within your
   industry?
   3. What stress points beyond the industry have you identified in the
   equation creating these deficits?
   4. Do you see any hidden potential or an opportunity in what has been
   perceived to be lacking?
   5. What impact have free tools and services on the internet had in
   transforming needs into opportunities for you or your industry/business?
      - In looking at how the internet fosters open systems and open
      collaboration, the roles of institutions in this future without
the need for
      the old gatekeepers remains to be seen.
   6. What are your thoughts about how gatekeepers are being made a
   non-issue in relation to your progress?

All the best,
Yvette

--
*****************
Delivering Art Based Solutions to order
http://webantiphon.com
Your Official Invitation to Cultural Fusion
http://culturalfusion.ning.com
http://comfusion.pbwiki.com
http://twitter.com/ydubel
http://ifossf.org/group/cultural_fusion
*************
“The artist is the person who invents the means to bridge between biological
inheritance and the environments created by technological innovation.”
- Marshall McLuhan
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."
-Anais Nin
IMPORTANT: This E-mail is confidential and may be covered by legal
professional privilege. It must not be read, copied, disclosed or used by
any person other than the above named addressee(s).

Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.
If you have received this E-mail in error please contact me immediately.

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com