[p2p-research] [p2p energy economy] Worldchanging: Open Intellectual Property as a Sustainability Accelorator

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 08:13:03 CEST 2009

I think it's great that these memes are being co-created and amplified by
the greater whole. I wish I could say the same about the idea of "renewable
hierarchies" ... It too is very involved in creating a sustainable system.

Renewable Hierarchies in Action:

Right where I live now (within a well run transitional housing program)
everyone in the operational hierarchy, which is made up entirely of
residents (elected by other residents into various positions), gets to stay
in their position no more than 3 terms (each term being 8 weeks) and then
move on to some other position, but only laterally unless they are voted
into the executive committee which is considered a bit higher and has some
privileges but there stay there is also temporary.

The government employs a renewable hierarchy in Congress, Senate and the
President 's position.

Why then are the private corporations and NGOs made up of non-renewable
hierarchies (or ones where people get to stay in their positions and just
move up over time gaining more and more power) ?

Marc