[p2p-research] self-designed and built architecture

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:59:28 CET 2009

Dear Eric,

physical design co. seems very significant,

Could you possibly comment on it for our blog?

Many thanks!

Michel

http://mass-customization.blogs.com/mass_customization_open_i/2009/03/interview-the-next-generation-of-architectural-design-daniel-smithwick-from-physical-design-co-on-a-.html

The central idea behind Physical Design Co. is to provide consumers with
easy-to-use online tools that engage them in the design and manufacturing
process and enables them to become the producers of their own
architectural-scale designs.  Our web platform also allows consumers to
utilize local manufacturing via our distributed fabrication network which
not only reduces carbon emissions, but it also strengthens local economies.
Essentially, we’re re-thinking how our built environment is designed and
constructed – with the Physical Design Co, online users, whether they live
in rural China, or they are busy professionals interested in design, they
can now play an active and participatory role in the built world around
them.

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com