[p2p-research] Obama's reversal of promises = pathological lying?

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:28:53 CET 2009

I understand the what you're saying and tend to agree (in context of what
you mean) but I need to clarify the semantics you use, from a general point
of view:

The label "terrorist" is highly overloaded these days. We're all terrorists
in the eye of capitalism for considering peer production over centralized
capital-intensive production. Also, if you demonstrate against the war you
are now a terrorist according to Obama's Chief of Staff (he said that if
you're on the no fly list you;re a terrorist, and known war demonstrators
and organizers are on that list so that makes them terrorists)

Also, reactive "desire" is of subjective nature. It can be good, bad, both
or neither. If I lack reactive desire with my girlfriend during love making
then I must be dead. Same with reactivity with respect to music, poetry or
provocative opinions of others. Reactive and reflexive are the same at one
level since reflexivity is a reaction to internal, external or holistic
feedback. And reflexive desire is essential to self expression.

Reactive anger is a different story. That's what I call being "triggered"

I agree that spreading fear is bad but keeping it in check and letting
people be aware of it (and allowing them to recognize it) is essential
assuming that we also latch on to the positive things (or branches of hope)
around us.