[p2p-research] Obama's reversal of promises = pathological lying?

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 19:01:00 CET 2009

I was "triggered" violently by two things in that video (which is over the
top for sure)

1. His Chief of Staff saying that if you're on the no fly zone then you are
not one of us and you're a terrorist. My girlfriend is on the no fly list.
She's born here. American blood. Her family came here in 1700s. She had
participated in anti-war demonstrations. Every time we go to the airport
it's one big fiasco. To say that she and people like her are terrorists is
BLIND and DANGEROUS to the extreme as far as liberty goes.

2. The "civilian security force" he is advocating for and the basic
training. I had lived in a country that implemented those same schemes and
then got into war within 3-5 years after that. This triggers me to the
extreme as I have seen such preparation come before disaster, not after.

3. Broadcasting an official presidential campaign message (on TV) that says
NAFTA was a mistake then turning to the Canadians and saying that it's just
campaign rhetoric.

Because I am triggered by these two events, my trust in Obama is null and
void.

You do have a point in being level headed and applying pressure especially
since he has the upper hand and will continue to have the upper hand no
matter how many people get triggered and angered.

Marc