[p2p-research] Open Source Manufacturing

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 17:06:35 CET 2009

Well, what you say is certainly true and valid when you consider community
dynamics and other factors.

My definition of "open production system" overlaps with "renewable
production system", i.e. if it's not designed to renew itself then it's not
designed to be "open"

There are of course many meaning of "open" and I think the word itself is
subjective.

That's why I believe we ought to look beyond "open" and "closed" and
consider the optimum model for sustainability and evolution, which would
have a mix of open and closed (or not so open) aspects.

It's a complex issue indeed which is why it requires a complex answer, not
black or white like closed vs open.

Marc