[p2p-research] AIG bonuses: the end of instant gratification?

marc fawzi marc.fawzi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 15:43:58 CET 2009

That's what I needed to know, more or less.

"*Light beats heavy. Open beats closed. Free beats paid. Good beats evil."*

It may be necessary to take sides to be effective in the short term.

However, my own view is evolving toward this:

An optimum mix of light and heavy is better than light or heavy.

An optimum mix of open and closed is better than open or closed.

An optimum mix of free and paid is better than free or paid.

As to good and evil, they are subjective qualities so I would (personally)
say that an optimum mix of light and heavy, open and closed, free and paid
is good, not evil.

This is not to draw a direct comparison with someone who is far more
effective than myself but it's the ideal/idea that some of us evolve to
after working in black and white (for instant effect) for a long time.

I'm sure he would agree to take another look at his white beats black look
at the world.

To pick a side is to enforce scarcity in possibilities.

Marc