[p2p-research] Fwd: FW: Gapminder News: New videos & 200 year time series

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:19:39 CET 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marilyn Mehlmann <mmehlmann at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Subject: FW: Gapminder News: New videos & 200 year time series
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

Marilyn Mehlmann has forwarded you this email with the following message:

I just received this email and thought you might find it interesting.

    Having trouble reading this email? View it in your
browser<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/e/jhhthd/l/>
.
  GAPMINDER NEWS

*Dear Friend of Gapminder,*

You have received this e-mail because you have been in contact with
Gapminder regarding updates, products or information. We would like to send
you an e-mail whenever we have something that may interest you. The news
might be about newly available statistics, new videos, or products. All to
fulfill our mission to unveil the beauty of statistics for a fact based
world view.

If you like this newsletter, please forward it to your friends. You may
unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of this mail.

Hans Rosling, Director of Gapminder and Staffan Landin, Web Producer
------------------------------
See global change from 1800 to 2007 in Gapminder World

For the first time you can now visualize more than 200 years of data on
health and income for almost all countries. In Gapminder World you can now
see the change in life expectancy and income per person over the last two
centuries. We also display data on CO2-emissions since 1820. (The graphs
takes a few seconds to load).

   - Life expectancy and Income per person (from
1800)<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/r>
   - CO2-emissions (from
1820)<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/y>

We have compiled these data series using information from different sources,
including historians for the period before 1900. Every step of the
compilation is documented<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/j>
.
------------------------------
New video lectures with Hans Rosling

Three new videos of lectures by Hans Rosling are now available on our
website. They were recorded before a live audience in a studio at the
Swedish Television (SVT) and cover topics such as the decrease in population
growth, the fast reduction of child mortality in middle income countries and
the emerging patterns of global health, where parts of China are healthier
than the United States.

   - What stops population
Growth?<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/t>
   (10:10) <http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/i>
   - Poor beat rich in MDG
race<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/d>
   (8:34) <http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/h>
   - Yes they can!<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/k>
   (9:02) <http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/u>

More videos are available in our video
section<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/o>
including
Hans Rosling's lectures at the TED conferences which have been watched over
a million times.

    About Gapminder

Gapminder is a non-profit foundation based in Stockholm, Sweden. We are
promoting sustainable global development and the achieve- ment of the United
Nations Millennium Development Goals by unveiling the beauty of statistics
for a fact based world view.

Click here to see what we look
like<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/b>
.
    Website

On our website you will find Gapminder World and all other products from
Gapminder.

visit the website<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/n>

Forward this email<http://gapminderfoundation.forwardtomyfriend.com/r/ydikhi/EBD099BB/jhhthd/r>-
do you know someone who might be interested in receiving the Gapminder
newsletter?
Not yet subscribed to the newsletter? Subscribe
here<http://gapminderfoundation.createsend5.com/t/r/l/jhhthd/l/p>    |
   Not interested anymore? Unsubscribe here

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com