[p2p-research] editorial on a social innovation stimulus

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:22:14 CET 2009

On 3/14/09, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any idea if this makes a chance in the mainstream press, and where it coud
> be published,

Considering that the Guardian published Victor Keegan's piece, I'd say
there's a pretty good chance for this.  Perhaps you should send the
Guardian a query including a reference to Keegan's piece and your own
credentials at P2P Foundation.

> Asia needs Social Innovation Stimulus plan

> Two things are also equally certain: the export-based models of Asia will
> catch a serious flu, and the necessary restructuring to more internal market
> dynamics will take a lot of time in a under-capitalized environment.

I think the internal structuring of actual plant and equipment could
take place fairly rapidly, considering the amount of production that's
carried out under Nike's networked "outsource everything" model.  If
TNC headquarters in Delaware and New Jersey, or in Tokyo, are treated
as defunct nodes to be routed around, and their trademarks are simply
ignored, the Nike shoe factories could switch to production for the
Chinese market pretty rapidly.  Simply cutting out the rents on
trademarks and other artificial property rights would make it possible
simultaneously to raise wages and lower prices, and make the shoes a
viable product for the domestic market.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism