[p2p-research] Fwd: 24 p2presearch moderator request(s) waiting

Martien van Steenbergen Martien at aardrock.com
Mon Mar 16 08:38:37 CET 2009

Hi Michael,

Set “Advertise this list when people ask what lists are on this
machine?” to “No”.
Set “What steps are required for subscription?” to “Confirm and
approve”.
Set “Who can view subscription list?” to “List admin only”.
Set “Show member addresses so they're not directly recognizable as
email addresses?” to “Yes”.

Set “By default, should new list member postings be moderated?” to
“Yes”.
Set “Action to take when a moderated member posts to the list.” to
“Hold”.
Set “Action to take for postings from non-members for which no
explicit action is defined.” to “Reject” (or “Discard”).

So this requires explicit membership before one can post messages. All
other messages are simply rejected or discarded). Also, the members'
email addresses are only visible to the list admin, avoiding
collection by bots for spamming.

Hope this helps.

Succes en plezier,

Martien.