[p2p-research] About yahoo/google groups and p2p, was: switching to another mailing list if nobody comes forward before Monday

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Mon Mar 16 07:10:50 CET 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 10:15:27 AM +0700, Michel Bauwens wrote:

> I will send research based info to p2pf at yahoogroups.com, which was
> intended, but never used, as the 'internal' list to discuss p2p
> foundation matters,
>
> Those interested, in the case no interim solution is found, may want
> to switch to that new address,

As far as I understand, the problem of keeping this list active and
open to subscribers has been happily solved by now. Consequently, I
hope that relevant information and news for people interested in p2p
issues will continue to be posted here.

Personally, I try to stay away from google and yahoo groups as much as
I can for several reasons (privacy, features, full control on the list
manager software, archive structures etc..).

In addition to these general reasons, there is probably another one
which is even more relevant for a list like this: hosting p2p
discussions on a self ran, community developed software platform looks
much better, pr-wise if nothing else, than doing the same thing on a
centralized, partially closed structure controlled by one multinational.

	     Marco
	     http://mfioretti.com
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84