[p2p-research] [Open Manufacturing] important appeal: social media and p2p tools against the meltdown

Vinay Gupta hexayurt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:18:55 CET 2009

Just while we're here, please don't conflate the hexayurt and the
cube (which, well, always had six sides.) The cube has twice the
materials use per square foot, half the surface-to-volume ratio
(giving much less insulation for a given R value of wall) and no
meaningful internal triangulation which will cause all kinds of
structural issues if you work in lighter materials.

  It's not an equivalent structure, nor even a related one. If you
want to insulate with fiberglass there are reasons for building the
cube, but (as I've said elsewhere) my strong preference is for
reflective insulations like reflectix on hexayurts.

Vinay

--
Vinay Gupta
Free Science and Engineering in the Global Public Interest

http://guptaoption.com/map - social project connection map

http://hexayurt.com - free/open next generation human sheltering
http://hexayurt.com/plan - the whole systems, big picture vision

Gizmo Project VOIP : (USA) 775-743-1851
Skype/Gizmo/Gtalk/AIM: hexayurt
Twitter: @hexayurt http://twitter.com/hexayurt
UK Cell : +44 (0) 0795 425 3533 / USA VOIP (+1) 775-743-1851

"If it doesn't fit, force it."