[p2p-research] Open Business Models

Nathan Cravens knuggy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 03:05:12 CET 2009

> Open Business Models are strategic business plans in the public domain
> designed to replicate rapidly and accelerate market competition for products
> and services with reduced cost and utmost quality.

I see. Yes, the statement above describes a business plan. Before, I did not
distiguish between plan or model, but now the relevance is clear for making
a seperation. I brushed up on the Wikipedia community's definition of
'business plan' and 'business model' and will now use these terms
seperately.

The difference as I understand it is a business model is the structure of
the business. Business plans are the methods that sustain the business
structure.

Here's a revision based on the first proposal:

Open Business Models are business structures founded on intellectual
property for common use to ensure innovation and prosperity for all of
humanity.

Hi Sam ;)

Your link was added here as a resource:
http://www.appropedia.org/Open_Business_Models