[p2p-research] Fwd: grave threats to internet freedoms concocted in european parliament

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 13:15:33 CET 2009

very fishy stuff indeed. will be on it

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>wrote:

> this should concern all our european friends!!

>>> services. Indeed, when you read the telco literature, that is exactly
>>> what
>>> they plan to do. Thus, if the legislation goes throught, the telcos will
>>> have, among other things, carte blanche to stop p2p if they want to.
>>>
>>> Keep an eye on my website and on the LaQuadrature  website.
>>> I think the  coalition move was good, but it may need following up.. .
>>>
>>> The industry is lobbying heavily against net neutrality.
>>> also the Medina report has resurfaced, and looks like a vote next week
>>> with
>>> amendments for Monday.
>>>
>>> I think there is a move to do a blackout campaign in Spain similar to the
>>> LQ one in France.
>>> Monica
>>>
>>> Michel Bauwens wrote:
>>>
>>>  http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcc4bmg2_26c5fx79hd

>>> Monica Horten MA DipM
>>> PhD research,  Communications and Media Research Institute,  University
>>> of
>>> Westminster
>>>
>>> Tel: +44 (0)1628  672155
>>> Mobile: +44 (0)7787 512887
>>> Email: monica.horten at iptegrity.com
>>> Skype:  monicahorten
>>> Website: http://www.iptegrity.com
>>>
>>> The Political Battle for Online Content in the European Union  -
>>> downloads
>>>  v  copyright  v  free expression
>>>
>>> In the media: Telecom TV - Deep Packet Inspection Under its own Spotlight
>>>
>>> http://web20.telecomtv.com/pages/?newsid=43798&id=e9381817-0593-417a-8639-c4c53e2a2a10
>>>

> --
> Monica Horten MA DipM
> PhD research,  Communications and Media Research Institute,  University of
> Westminster
>
> Tel: +44 (0)1628  672155
> Mobile: +44 (0)7787 512887
> Email: monica.horten at iptegrity.com
> Skype:  monicahorten
> Website: http://www.iptegrity.com
>
> The Political Battle for Online Content in the European Union  - downloads
>  v  copyright  v  free expression
>
> In the media: Telecom TV - Deep Packet Inspection Under its own Spotlight
> http://web20.telecomtv.com/pages/?newsid=43798&id=e9381817-0593-417a-8639-c4c53e2a2a10
>

> --
> Working at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University -
> http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html -
> http://www.asianforesightinstitute.org/index.php/eng/The-AFI
>
> Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
> http://p2pfoundation.net  - http://blog.p2pfoundation.net -
> http://p2pfoundation.ning.com
>
> Monitor updates at http://del.icio.us/mbauwens
>
> The work of the P2P Foundation is supported by SHIFTN,
> http://www.shiftn.com/

Paola Di Maio,
Forthcoming
IEEE/DEST 09 Collective Intelligence Track (deadline extended)

i-Semantics 2009, 2 - 4 September 2009, Graz, Austria.
www.i-semantics.tugraz.at

SEMAPRO 2009, Malta
http://www.iaria.org/conferences2009/CfPSEMAPRO09.html