[p2p-research] Co-Owned Public Peer Property

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 19:09:30 CET 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Samuel Rose <samuel.rose at gmail.com> wrote:
> Star a coop with an alternative currency.
>
> Then, the only capital you'll need is what some people call "social capital"...

Are you are saying we can start a cooperative through the issuance of
an arbitrary currency?

If so, then why don't you take this approach?

http://Wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_capital says "Social capital is a
concept developed in sociology and also used in business, economics,
organizational behaviour, political science, public health and natural
resources management that refers to connections within and between
social networks as well as connections among individuals."

How will we connect with each other without the Material Means of
Production such as Land and Capital required to do so?

Will we always pretend the ownership of Farms, Factories and Networks
has no significance to our plight?

I don't understand why we avoid admitting that control rests in
ownership and the accumulation of ownership occurs when profit is
treated as a reward for the current owners.

Does it embarrass people to admit we are being taken advantage of?

Or maybe it is to *protect* the long-standing misapplication of Profit
so control and ownership can continue to be concentrated into the
hands of originators.

Maybe our species has been living within Capitalism for so long that
the only surviving genes are those associated with the subjugation of
others to the point where alternatives appear unrealistic.

I'll try to stop repeating my apparently boring ideas, but am very sad
and even scared for our future.

There must be psychological barriers to considering this road that I
don't understand.  I wish someone could tell me why it won't work, or
otherwise help move forward.

Patrick