[p2p-research] Money is used by people to obstruct far greater fears

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 21:03:19 CET 2009

I think you are right that money is was invented to obfuscate fears, in
part.

I see things like money as a medium (in the tradition of what McLuhan,
Postman, etc talked about with regard to mediums. A medium being an
extension of humans)

Mediums can cause our neuroendochrine systems to release "drugs" (chemicals)
that are built into our bodies. So, money itself is not the drug, but our
brain associates neuroendochrine releases with it, which are part of
emotianal responses and reactions.

So, I think you are in the right track. Money itself is of course not the
"drug", but it activates drug-like responses within us. So, I am with you on
that.

>>> http://socialmediaclassroom.com
>>> http://localfoodsystems.org
>>> http://openfarmtech.org