[p2p-research] do we need to shift to closed systems again?

Samuel Rose samuel.rose at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 17:59:42 CET 2009

Yes, I mean, I definitely agree with most of what he is saying. It's a point
of contention on language.

I think he is trying to emphasize the shift from global to local. But,
putting the metaphor of "closed" in the minds of people is kind of a step
backwards to me, like thinking that we'll start building walls around our
hamlets, and switch to fuedalism. At least,that is the image that "closed"
invokes in my mind.

I don't think it is going to be like that. Local economies, I mean.

I think there will actually be more connectivity among people who operate in
commons-based economies. Resources will be local.  But,  minds,
communications, governance, information, knowledge, will be open.