[p2p-research] Historical anti-materialism

Christian Siefkes christian at siefkes.net
Mon Jun 22 10:44:34 CEST 2009

Ryan,

Ryan Lanham wrote:
> I agree with much of what you say, but I increasingly think the linkage to
> conventional Neo-Marxism may prove the undoing of P2P theory.

Now I'm surprised. How come you classify "conventional Neo-Marxism"
(whatever that may be) as "anti-materialist"? Marx' theory is one of the
most explicitly and outspokenly *materialist* theories ever developed...

> What I see developing amongst the Neo-Marxists is not an inclusive theory.
> It is a controlling theory. It must, like a religion, be the only way.  It

Well, I can't help but noting that the only one who prescribes what
*should,* dogmatically, be allowed and not allowed when discussing about
peer production, is *you.*

Best regards
	Christian

--
|-------- Dr. Christian Siefkes --------- christian at siefkes.net ---------
|   Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/   |   Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|   Better Bayesian Analysis:           |   Peer Production Everywhere:
|   http://bart-project.com/            |   http://peerconomy.org/wiki/
- "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
- "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for girls, but a
  talking frog is very cool."