[p2p-research] Why Post-Capitalism is Rubbish

Christian Siefkes christian at siefkes.net
Wed Jun 17 22:07:57 CEST 2009

Michel,

Michel Bauwens wrote:
> are you claiming that your weighted effort sharing scheme has already
> been applied?

No, that's not what I mean. (Though I've heard some anecdotal evidence of
effort weighting between people sharing an apartment -- when housekeeping
tasks are divided up, those that agree to do an ugly tasks might may less to
do than the others.)

What I meant when talk about a "commons- and pool-based mode of production"
is that resources and means of production are commons (that belong to the
community as a whole, not to any particular individual or group of
individuals) and that tasks as well as output are divided up, either
formally or informally. That was probably the case in many hunter-gatherer
societies--what you call "communal shareholding," I believe.

Best regards
	Christian

--
|-------- Dr. Christian Siefkes --------- christian at siefkes.net ---------
|   Homepage: http://www.siefkes.net/   |   Blog: http://www.keimform.de/
|   Better Bayesian Analysis:           |   Peer Production Everywhere:
|   http://bart-project.com/            |   http://peerconomy.org/wiki/
Civil government, so far as it is instituted for the security of property,
is in reality instituted for the defense of the rich against the poor, or
of those who have some property against those who have none at all.
        -- Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations (1776)