[p2p-research] Why Post-Capitalism is Rubbish

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:57:21 CEST 2009

>>  Untold more numbers of people are now able to peer produce, than say, 10
>>> years ago,
>>> despite the existence of sharing platforms (but actually also thanks to
>>> it)
>>>

>> It's important to note that a percentage of total users, fewer
>> are able to publish public information and services from their own
>> resrouces now than during earlier stages of the Internet.

I'm really not sure that is true. I was on the internet since about 1992-93
... it was used very actively by small communities of necessarily savvy
people ... using mostly email, ftp, gopher ... then we got webpages ... then
the multiple web 2.0 platforms which basically allow anyone to share photo's
etc...

of course most of these platforms are corporately owned and there are some
restrictions, but overall all these people are able to share ideas, write
articles, post photo's, music etc..

what exactly has gone done down is not clear to me ..

that we are no longer using academic resources?

what exactly?