[p2p-research] Fwd: [opennetcoalition] [Fwd: Re: Very important (bad) decision of British Telecom]

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:40:19 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paolo Brini <paolo.brini at iridiumpg.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:42 PM
Subject: [opennetcoalition] [Fwd: Re: Very important (bad) decision of
British Telecom]
To: opennetcoalition at laquadrature.net

Forwarding from Monica Horten.

Regards,
Paolo

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Monica Horten <monica.horten at iptegrity.com>
To: Paolo Brini <paolo.brini at iridiumpg.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:39:53 +0100
Subject: Re: Very important (bad) decision of British Telecom
Paolo,
Thanks for this. I haven't seen the BT announcement in the UK media.

Our prime minister says Internet is like water (which is helpful for Am 138)
http://www.iptegrity.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=362&Itemid=9

Yet his Minister plans to use technical measures to cut off users, in
addition to the restrictions on access to services. And the whole thing is
about protecting certain interests in the British television industry.

I am putting analysis of Digital Britain online here, including  how it
relates to the Telecoms Package.
http://www.iptegrity.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=38&Itemid=64

The full document now available as of last few minutes here...
http://www.culture.gov.uk/what_we_do/broadcasting/6216.aspx

I am convinced this is a case of policy laundering and will be analysing
along those lines.

Monica
PS. I cannot send to Opennet coalition.

--
Monica Horten MA DipM
PhD research,  Communications and Media Research Institute,  University of

Tel: +44 (0)1628  672155
Mobile: +44 (0)7787 512887
Email: monica.horten at iptegrity.com
Skype:  monicahorten
Website: http://www.iptegrity.com

The Political Battle for Online Content in the European Union  - downloads
 v  copyright  v  free expression

Defend the European Internet

17:54:00

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation: