[p2p-research] Is P2P slow?

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:04:34 CEST 2009

Hi Ryan,

I was briefly part of the slow food movement in brussels,

as you probably know, it was founded, if I'm not mistaken, by members of the
communist agrarian coops in Piemonte, Italy, unhappy that the official
movement did not want to support seed diversity preservation efforts ...

It's a very sympathetic movement to me, because it combines change with
ethics and pleasure, i.e. it causes behaviorial changes that are sustainable
over time; since it pays to eat better local food in terms of health and
enjoyment ..

In my home town of brussels however, it was way too bourgeois, but that may
be a peculiar aspect of brussels being europe's capital and making slow food
attractive to local italian functionaries ...

in any case, they are doing great work, and have created associated
initiatives, like slow cities ..

I'm writing all of this without checking the link (yet),

hopefully, I'm not totally off the mark

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 10:56 PM, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:

> As in...
>
> http://www.slowmovement.com/
>
> ?
>
> Ryan Lanham
> "You'd better start swimming or you'll sink like a stone"

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com