[p2p-research] Fwd: [ox-en] No more [named above] propaganda please

Stefan Merten smerten at oekonux.de
Wed Jun 10 17:14:33 CEST 2009

Hi Michel!

I wrote this response earlier but seemingly did not send it to
[p2p-research] by accident :-( .

Last week (9 days ago) Michel Bauwens wrote:
> ok, Stefan, let's rest it for a while,

Of course I respect your choice.

> Perhaps in 2-3 months we can discuss and private when the high emotions have
> subsided,

May be it is possible to think about a new perspective, also. More and
more I think there are grave misunderstandings - though there are also
some political differences.

> in the meantime, in a community setting, there's lot of small
> things that will put us in contact and I will try to refrain from saying
> things that create further strain ...

Very much appreciated.

> Just to summarize, what would have been necessary for me was that you
> stopped using money trickery in any open dialogue,

This is the most important reason for my mail. See this quote (times
are from my original post to [ox-en]):

3 weeks (26 days) ago Michel Bauwens on [ox-en] wrote:
> A question Stefan, don't you think that your continued usage of money
> trickery, when people have repeatedly pointed out that it is hurtful and
> shows a lack of respect for your intellectual sparring partners,

When I saw this I wrote:

  Well, I'm really sorry for this but I really noticed this perception
  only when you said it here. Then I immediately pointed out why I
  used this term and that I have no better alternative.

  As you probably can imagine because of the high traffic on [ox-en] -
  where this all occured - I have a big backlog and I just did not see
  such comments yet. For instance the quote above being nearly four
  weeks old I read five minutes ago.

  Looking back the only sign I saw was your question whether "software
  trickery" would be adequate - which I simply answered as a question.

I even changed it in the subject line (and that was me for whom
subject lines are holy and only well-defined operations are allowed on
subject lines...).

Again this whole conflict seems sooo unnecessary...

						Grüße

						Stefan