[p2p-research] [Open Manufacturing] Addressing Post-Scarcity Pitfalls

Tomas Rawlings tom at fluffylogic.net
Wed Jun 10 19:03:07 CEST 2009

I understood that currently there is only 40 years of Uranium left - now
if we assume better technology will uncover more and use it better - but
on the other hand the loss factor is that more and more countries are
planning a 'dash for nuclear' which will squeeze supplies:

"However, a recent report by the Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada said
that there was likely to be a 45,000-tonne shortage of uranium in the
next decade, largely because of growing Chinese demand for the metal.
Prices for uranium have almost tripled, to about $26/lb between March
2003 and May 2005, after being stable for years."

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/industry_sectors/industrials/article555314.ece