[p2p-research] Open Money Ning

Stan Rhodes stanleyrhodes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 08:02:21 CEST 2009

Re: Twollars, see commentary by Stan Schroder:
http://mashable.com/2009/05/26/twollars/
Alan Rosenblith: http://newcurrencyfrontiers.blogspot.com/search/label/twollars

I suspect twollars is little league to prepare for using Google Wave
to make Wavoleons or Wavebux or obs or whatever.  They didn't know
about Wave when they started, but I'd be surprised if they don't have
their eye on it now.

So, if we look at possible next moves in the arms race:
1. money moves into the internet via projects that are building open
money systems
2. open money systems that are easiest to use and access by the
mainstream is adopted rapidly by the tech savvy for small transactions
3. diverse money systems are created, but only a few are used, moves
quickly toward one
4. they're used for all sorts of legal and illegal activities
5. governments go after traders, like China did with QQ coins
6. organized crime increasingly tries to squeeze in as the buying
power increases
7. governments, particularly the United States, strikes at two points
in the infrastructure: businesses and ISPs
8. people route around businesses with virtual enterprises, and route
around ISPs via peer open telecom tech
9. the "rickroll" becomes the world's first true global currency after
a scandal with "lollars"

-- Stan