[p2p-research] Collapse

Tomas Rawlings tom at fluffylogic.net
Wed Jun 3 18:35:20 CEST 2009

Sorry, meant to add - in the book Jared speculates that masses of
consumers, acting on values they wish to see can use their power better
to force producers to care for commons, I suppose we have such things;
Fair trade, boycott calls and carrot mobs; but better informed and
organised peer groups, could go further.  e.g. one of the issues of Fair
Trade, is the cost of certification.  So here in Bristol a community
cinema had Feral Trade, as in the cinema got coffee from a group of
farmers directly and the cinema's trust was used to validate the
products as 'fair' trade.

http://www.feraltrade.org/cgi-bin/courier/courier.pl