[p2p-research] Is this P2P?

Stan Rhodes stanleyrhodes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:39:42 CEST 2009

Doubtful.  Like Innocentive, I suspect the sponsors have the rights to
the goods.  They do not state it explicitly, and I did not want to
sign up to "learn more," but it's an easy wager to take. The goods are
not kept in any sort of commons arrangement, and so the peers do not
retain the value or rights of their creation.  It's essentially
"crowd-contracting."

My impression, and own usage of peer to peer production, is that a
common good (rival or nonrival) is created, and is therefore available
to the peer pool.

-- Stan