[p2p-research] A Penny for your P2P Thoughts

Stan Rhodes stanleyrhodes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 06:32:32 CEST 2009

"Ideally" the information commons (you mention a physics article,
which is a nonrival good--information) is storage, distribution, and
facilitation of an open market provided by publicly-owned
infrastructure.  The open market enables the peers.  In the open
market, "contributors" to the information commons are providing a
service: content creation.  Should you take money when offered it by
another for your service?  Absolutely.

To see my underlying thoughts as a previous, more primitive assessment
of how this happens, please do a search for
"Creation of information must be treated as a service. The system must
enable compensation for creation."
in this discussion: http://p2pfoundation.net/Talk:Peer_Trust_Network_Project

It's roughly a 3rd of the way down the page.

-- Stan