[p2p-research] excellent contribution on flow money by Martien van Steenbergen

Ryan Lanham rlanham1963 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:45:48 CEST 2009

Demurrage I understand just fine...it is an attempt to have controlled
inflation-like velocity without the negative effects of price
changes...essentially it is a velocity tax (to a conventional economist).  I
highly doubt it can be managed successfully, but it is interesting and has
open theoretical questions.

These alternative definitions of rent sound like pre-marginalism ideas that
don't make a lot of sense in current terms.  For example, they would
instantly run afoul of all manner of accounting problems.  Who defines
skill?  Who defines productivity levels?  How do you deal with unusual or
unpredictable changes in productivity features (a storm, etc.)

Ryan