[p2p-research] Google's wave ends email?

Matt Cooperrider mattcooperrider at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 14:33:29 CEST 2009

I saw a great presentation on this by Mike Singelton from drop.io at
BarCampNYC4 on Saturday.

It looks a lot like your gmail inbox, but with a new metaphor
(waves=conversations, wavelets=pieces of conversations [defined by who's
included], blips=pieces of content) and with deep integration of realtime
and rich media.  They've rebuilt email from the ground up.

The reason it could replace email is that they plan to release an API and a
protocol for wave.  You'll be able to run your own wave server.

http://www.waveprotocol.org/

Matt