[p2p-research] pushbutton web

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 13:47:50 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Michel Bauwens<michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Sepp:
>
> this seems like an important new set of developments, but a little too
> complicated for me yet ...
>
> I wonder if you could have a look at it and summarize in more simple terms
> for our blog audience?
>
> Thanks for having a look:
> http://dashes.com/anil/2009/07/the-pushbutton-web-realtime-becomes-real.html

Many are familiar with the ability of Open Source applications like
Drupal to provide features similar or identical to Facebook.  This
article focuses on several aspects of the technology tool set needed
to place Facebook in it's right place as an application consuming data
from various inputs.  The rightful place is RIGHT NEXT TO MY WEBSITE.

My most scathing criticism of Facebook is that it makes it too easy
for people to forget to develop their own ability to publish and
aggregate outside FB.

Alex