[p2p-research] the culture of the audit and the prefigurative politics of the local food movement

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 03:55:48 CEST 2009

Hi Kevin,

I think that picture is too rosy ... Peak Oil will also mean roving bands,
gangsters, and the like, though I have no doubt that many positive
relocalizations will be part of the picture; but yes, I think that to the
degree civil society processes strengthen themselves,  AND acquires
political strenght, the need for heavy-handed state regulation will diminish

As the article implicitely suggests, bottom up prefigurative politics and
more direct instrumental politics against bad policies and legistation, go
hand in hand ... though I presume one preceeds the other ... It's difficult
to imagine the social movements gaining strenght in any other way ...

Michel

Work: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhurakij_Pundit_University - Research:
http://www.dpu.ac.th/dpuic/info/Research.html - Think thank: