[p2p-research] Fwd: a very interesting essay on the collapse of the roman empire

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 07:33:28 CEST 2009

Hi Paul,

this is a great, thoughtful essay, a big thanks!!

I think though that between the theory of saying, 'nothing is lost' (of
iron,etc..) and the capability to effectily do it in practice, there is a
very great leap. I also don't think this is true for all resources ... so in
practical terms, thinking of nature as limited, and requiring balance, i.e.
putting back in what you get out of it, is the soundest of all principles
and can unite both approaches.

Who is James Hogan?

(this article would require a bit of extra editorial work to make it
publishable, but I'm ill right now, so I'll pass for this time, it would be
great if somebody else would publish it on our blog, perhaps you yourself
Paul? James Burke can give you access)

Michel

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com