[p2p-research] a red & green coalition forms...

Tomas Rawlings tom at fluffylogic.net
Fri Jul 24 17:41:49 CEST 2009

An interesting situation is developing here in the UK - where a broad
coalition of often divergent views - the environmental view and the
labour movement view - are coming together in the struggle over the UK's
only factory making wind-turbines.  The threatened closure and loss of
600 jobs comes just after the UK government published a climate 'plan'
to radically increase the use of renewable energy.

Some sources of info:
http://bristol.indymedia.org/article/690722
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/jul/23/vestas-wind-turbine-plant-closure
http://savevestas.wordpress.com/

I was at another event that brought together green protesters and labour
union people into a big discussion, and yes there was disagreement - but
a surprising amount of common ground.  The event was videoed and I'll
post links to it when they appear online.

--
Tomas

Tomas Rawlings
Development Director, FluffyLogic Development Ltd.
web: www.fluffylogic.net
tel: 0117 9442233
-
Also see: