[p2p-research] devastating story on cradle to cradle founder

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 09:07:37 CEST 2009

On 7/21/09, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/130/the-mortal-messiah.html?page=0%2C0
>
> This is also a very interesting story to cover for our blog, as it shows how
> the proprietary approach has made the project of cradle to cradle production
> fail,

"...the architect said, 'I want to be the Bill Gates of
sustainability,' and [that] he wants to make a royalty off of every
green standard and every green product out there."

This just about floored me, because the vibe I'd been picking up from
the whole article was "Bill Gates."

The technologies that save the world will be those that ordinary
people can adopt for themselves at low cost, without paying royalties
to some greenwashed billionaire.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism