[p2p-research] Peak Oil by Producing Nation

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 08:12:32 CEST 2009

On 7/18/09, Ryan Lanham <rlanham1963 at gmail.com> wrote:

> One can almost see the social collapse coming soon in Venezuela.  Foreign
> reserves will be depleted, and it will fall into Cuban-styled
> authoritarianism. That will send ripples of fear through the right wings of
> the South and Central Americas which will in turn hammer any sort of social
> progress.

In the plausible event that oil prices bottomed last winter and will
return to an average somewhere between that and the July 2008 high
(never mind going well beyond the latter in a few years), it seems
likely to me that increased oil revenue will give Chavez the cushion
he needs for stable domestic support.

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism