[p2p-research] Kolakowski is dead...

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 17:21:43 CEST 2009

In this case, abundance is simply the technical term appropriate for  the
marginal production costs of the digital environment, and the equipotential
overflow of the freely aggregating contributors ... the hypothesis is that
in a distributed network, there is always 'somebody' out there with the
required skill for the particular task ... However counter-intuititive that
may seen, it usually works.

Of course in terms of material things, 'suffiiency' is the better term, this
is why we talk about 'sufficient money' to replace scarcity-based money, and
not ' abundance money'

I think you are on to something with your 'boundaries' argument too ... it
is because the boundaries between the inside and outside are so loose, that
the equipotential contribution can be found ... in case of wikipedia,
because of the notability, this mechanism has been broken, hence the
stagnation of the english wikipedia ..

I concur with your phooey .. and again would add my abundance related
argument: when you think there;s only one way for change, and that you know
this way, it becomes important and mandatory to fight for this 'right
understanding'; opposed to that is the pattern matching of the p2p approach,
which can always find interesting patterns to interconnect, even in dark
times

Michel