[p2p-research] Fwd: Free Manufacturing idea

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:19:26 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Kārlis Repsons<karlis.repsons at gmail.com> wrote:
> I appreciate your interest and I believe, that we have quite a bit to discuss,
> but there is still a problem, that communication environment hasn't been set
> up. There is at least one more interested person with mechanical engineering
> background in freeknowledge.eu.
> So, please let us set environment up (currently publicly negotiated at
> discussion at freeknowledge.eu) and then we should be able to discuss and build
> things!

There is already a mailing list where we're collaborating on these topics.

http://groups.google.com/group/openmanufacturing
http://openmanufacturing.net/

Another mailing list springs up every other day, but we- the lone
fighters of the rebellion- are at least trying to remind everyone that
these great places still exist.

>> and more generally easy
>> accessible documentation and modeling software would be great.
> Well, as you should know, there is OpenFOAM. However, documentation,
> tutorials, openly available books - its all very lacking still.

There's also elmerfem and freefem++.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507