[p2p-research] Google Wave

Tomas Rawlings tom at fluffylogic.net
Wed Jul 8 12:18:14 CEST 2009

I guess most people will have heard of Google Wave;

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/went-walkabout-brought-back-google-wave.html

The interesting idea of re-writing web-communication in a matter that starts with a more peer-centred approach rather than end-to-end snail mail model that email was based upon.  It merges ideas from wikis and blogs and IRC into email.  What I though was interesting was that they say they will open-source the technology.  This seems to me going back to the ideas I first heard Michel expound, that of the commons holding the value and the buisness building around this; is this a tacit admission by Google of this?

--
Tomas

Tomas Rawlings
Development Director, FluffyLogic Development Ltd.
web: www.fluffylogic.net
tel: 0117 9442233
-
Also see: