[p2p-research] internet blackout in Urumqi

Tomas Rawlings tom at fluffylogic.net
Wed Jul 8 12:11:18 CEST 2009

The irony is that in my daily digest, I have the interesting discussion
about how China blocks open internet access and then the P2PNVE call for
papers on p2p and Internet technology 15th International Conference on
Parallel and Distributed Systems (ICPADS 2009), Shenzhen, China.  ;)

I was at a very interesting event on Monday looking at the political use
of technology ( http://bristol.indymedia.org/article/690632 which
referenced Michel Bauwens's work, I believe there will video) - what was
interesting was the discussion after, where China came up.  I speculated
that the project to insert the Green Dam software in every PC
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Dam_Youth_Escort) is a tacit
admission that the great firewall is not working, hence the need for a
2nd layer of filtering?

--
Tomas

Tomas Rawlings
Development Director, FluffyLogic Development Ltd.
web: www.fluffylogic.net
tel: 0117 9442233
-
Also see: