[p2p-research] essay with a smattering of P2P

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 10:41:06 CEST 2009

Hi Matt,

thanks for this,

one quibble: you associate polytheism with democracy, and monotheism with
the divine rights of kings, but there's another way to read this:
monotheistic religions also aimed to limit the absolute powers of king, to
subsume them to a higher spiritual order and community, i.e. the
church/ummah etc... Of course non-monotheistic religions such as Buddhism
aimed at the same effect, so what I'm saying is that your linkage may not be
direct,

Michel

Volunteering at the P2P Foundation:
http://p2pfoundation.ning.com