[p2p-research] Fwd: [Plugin] Diegetic Media Talk

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:05:36 CEST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: News from plugincinema! <plugin at plugincinema.com>
Date: Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Subject: [Plugin] Diegetic Media Talk
To: plugin at plugincinema.com

Plugincinema's Ana and myself will be in Brighton for this years Develop
conference to deliver a talk on 'Diegetic Media'.  The talk will take place
on Thursday 16th from 4-5pm in the Den.  The talk will look at the idea of
viewing all of our creations; film, game, website etc. as a totality.  In
film studies, the diegetic world is one that refers to all we see as well as
all additional information that makes the world coherent and sensible: it
contains all that the audience needs to understand the story.  The talk will
explore how we can take this idea further.  As well as containing all
essential narrative elements, 'Diegetic Media' is a bringing together of the
development of all creative content on all platforms that contributes to the
whole, that create a world that is more than just one story/platform. The
idea was first mooted by Ana at the Women in Games conference in 2008 then
expanded in an article in Develop Magazine in January this year.  The
Brighton talk will further evolve the idea.

FFI:  http://fluffylogic.net/fluffylogic-talk-brighton-develop-conference
And: http://plugincinema.com/plugin/content/view/1884/27/ for more on
Diegetic Media

Thanks!

--
Tomas

Tomas Rawlings
Development Director, FluffyLogic Development Ltd.
web: www.fluffylogic.net
-
Also see:
blog: www.plugincinema.com