[p2p-research] Fwd: Missing Productivity and the Rise of Social Production

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 19:40:53 CEST 2009

On 7/4/09, Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
> By the way, you have to look at the extraodinary productivity of dutch workers, not at the myth that there 'barely working' at all ...

I think Yglesias was actually alluding to that in an ironic
way--tipping his hat to the conventional perception that they were
"barely working" and yet somehow were not starving.  The idea that you
should actually get your work done and then go home and do what you
want, instead of getting brownie points (brown-nose points?) for being
the last out of the office, is distinctly unamerican.

Best,
Kevin

--
Kevin Carson
Mutualist Blog:  Free Market Anti-Capitalism