[p2p-research] critical integral theory

Michel Bauwens michelsub2004 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 05:38:48 CEST 2009

Hi Lawrence,

neat .... I'd love to see you here!! you will surely enjoy it ...

regarding your question, I'm not understanding it yet ...

all I can say for now, is that what distinguish P2P is that the exchange is
not between individuals or between groups, as in the classic gift economy,
but between individuals (or teams) and the 'commons'. So you give to a pool,
and you get from a pool.

In a classic commons, the advantage is: give a brick, get a house, so it is
extraordinarily advantageous for individuals, a little energy input gets you
a massive return, provided you solve the 'tragedy of the commons' issue with
good regulation and governance, which commons historically succeeded in,
before they were destroyed by the active violence of the enclosures.

In digital commons, there is an added advantage, regarding information, any
change, however minute, is instantly reverberated into the whole community,
so innovation becomes real time over vast global distances and this is
historically unprecedented,

If you reformulate your question for beginners, I can put it to the p2p
research list, for further input,

Is that what you meant by the master list?

Michel